488nm, 50mW, Single Mode Turn-Key Scientific Series Laser Diode Source Module-Integrated Nichia NDS4116 Laser Diode
$3295.00 sku / item#: LDX-488NM-50MWships: 2 weeks
- Pre-Configured 488nm, 50mW Turn-Key Source with Integrated Nichia NDS4116 Laser Diode
- User Adjustable Output Power 0 ~ 50mW
- Single Mode Beam Structure, TEM00
- Factory Set Current & Temperature Max. Limits Always Keeps Laser Diode in Safe Operating Range
- Offered by Pangolin Scientific, a Laser Lab Source Marketplace Seller
Sold & Supported in North America by: LaserDiodeSource.com, part of the Laser Lab Source Marketplace Group
Price and Delivery Quote
Buy Now / Add to Cart
Technical Questions for this ProductASK AN ENGINEER
Customers Also Considered:
|Fiber Patch Cable Output Option|
|Packaging & Power Supply Details|
488nm, High-Stability Laser Diode Source Module with Integrated Nichia Model NDS4116
These 488nm Scientific Series laser diode modules were designed to deliver very high stability in research laboratory environments. They are a plug and play source and control solution which include a Nichia NDS4116 laser diode mounted into a thermally stabilized head. The include a pre-configured control unit (Current & Temperature Control) and the interface cables.
Factory Pre-Set Laser Diode Protection Provides Fail-Safe Operation
These units offer multiple layers of protection for the internal Nichia source: an integrated LASORB diode on the current supply board offers a fail-safe clamp of the current / voltage to the integrated laser diode; pre-set current and temperature limits. The LASORB was designed to eliminate the possibility of power surges and ESD damaging the laser. Also, the bias current range limit is set to prevent the possibility of over driving the laser source and the unit has an over-temperature shut down feature based on feedback from a thermistor located against the laser package header.
Adjustable Output Power
These units are shipped fully calibrated & pre-tested with the matching current source and temperature controller, as well as the required interface cables. The controller unit allows the user to set the output power of the laser module.
Versatile Options Reduce Integration Time
The laser diode module can be ordered with options that save you time and effort, and increase the operational flexibility of the module.
Fiber Patch Cable Output, order option –KVAFC. Single-mode fiber, with FC/UPC connector. Other options are available; click here to see options.
Benchtop Controller, Model LDC-405. Provides easy-to-use front panel interface and fiber output.
* POWER LOSS ASSOCIATED WITH FIBER-COUPLED OUTPUT: Please note that when a free-space laser diode is coupled to fiber there is some loss associated with the collimating lens employed in the coupling of the light. There is also power loss associated with the fiber coupler assembly and with the fiber patch cable. The LDX laser system has power loss associated with the fiber-coupling of the output of approximately 15 to 20% of the total power.
Why do Scientists & Engineers Choose Laser Lab Source?
Get DIRECT, Fast Tech-Support from the Product Engineer, No Sales Person in the Middle
Get the Lowest Price, Factory Direct, No Mark-Up's, Suppliers Post their Own Price
Get a 30 Day Evaluation Period with No Risk Return on Most Products, Check Availability