$270.00 ships: 14 days | item#: LDI-638-FP-50
- 638nm Center Wavelength
- Fiber Coupled Coaxial Package
- 0 ~ 50 mW CW Optical Output Power
- Nufern 630-HP Single Mode Fiber with ⌀0.9 mm Loose Tube Jacket (standard); MM, PM Fibers Available on Request
- FC/APC Connector (Standard), FC/UPC Available on Request
Price and Delivery Quote
You will receive factory-direct price with no mark-ups
Technical Questions for this ProductASK AN ENGINEER
Questions route directly to the correct Product Engineer
Customers Also Considered:
|optical and ELECTRICAL specifications (Typcial @ 25 °C)|
These 638nm red laser diodes offer 50mW of output power from a single mode fiber. Their primary features include a center wavelength of 638 nm and a coaxial package with mounting brackets for simple device mounting. The mounting bracket also provides heat sinking for the laser diode to ensure long lifetime operation and stable performance. These laser diodes are based on a Fabry-Perot cavity type. They are designed to operated in CW (continuous wave) mode. They come with a single mode optical fiber output and an FC/APC connector. Other connector and fiber options are available on request.
Laser Diode Safety and Handling:
1. Always wear protective laser safety goggles when working with these red lasers. Laser light is very dangerous if directed into human eyes. Do not look directly into the output connector aperture or through optical components such as lenses, prisms, mirrors, microscope objectives etc.
2. Avoid storing and using the laser diode module in conditions where water, organic solvents or aggressive acids or bases may contact the module or where there is a possibility of exposure to corrosive gases, explosive gases, dust, salinity or other harsh conditions. The laser diode module should be disposed of as special industrial waste.
3. Exceeding absolute maximal ratings even for a short time period can cause permanent damage to the red laser diode the module.
4. These laser diodes are highly sensitive to ESD and can be destroyed by ESD (static electricity). The user should practice ESD safety precautions when handling these devices.
Output Fiber and Connector Options:
The standard / default fiber type is SMO4 Nufern 630-HP fiber with ⌀0.9 mm loose tube jacket. The standard / default connector is FC/APC.
- SM04: Nufern 630-HP, furcation tubing ⌀0.9 mm.
- SMP04: Fujikura SM63, PM fiber, PANDA type, furcation tubing ⌀0.9 mm
- SM1: G.657.A1, furcation tubing ⌀0.9 mm
- MM5: 50/125 (OM2), furcation tubing ⌀0.9 mm
- MM6: 62.5/125 (OM1), furcation tubing ⌀0.9 mm
- Standard fiber length 100 cm
- FU: FC/UPC
- FA: FC/APC
- N: no connector
- Other types: on request
- Other type and length: on request
Why do Scientists & Engineers Choose Laser Lab Source?
Get DIRECT, Fast Tech-Support from the Product Engineer, No Sales Person in the Middle
Get the Lowest Price, Factory Direct, No Mark-Up's, Suppliers Post their Own Price
Get a 30 Day Evaluation Period with No Risk Return on Most Products, Check Availability