$374.00 sku / item#: RLS/980S170 ships: 3 Days
- Output Wavelength 980nm
- Output Power 170mW
- Fiber Bragg Grating Stabilized
- Low-profile, 14-Pin Butterfly Package
- Device Condition: Brand New In-Box, Excess Stock
- Offered by: Optical Innovations, A Laser Lab Source Marketplace Seller
Sold & Supported in North America by: LaserDiodeSource.com, part of the Laser Lab Source Marketplace Group
Price and Delivery Quote
You will receive factory-direct price with no mark-ups
Technical Questions for this ProductASK AN ENGINEER
Questions route directly to the product Engineer
Add to Cart or Buy Now
Customers Also Considered:
|General SPECIFICATIONS at 25 °C|
980nm Butterfly Laser Module, Fiber Bragg Grating Stabilized
The ADC Telecommunications Pump Laser Diodes utilize a number of unique technologies to ensure stable operation for a long life-time over a range of operating conditions:
- Patented Epitaxial Mirror On Facet technology, eliminating catastrophic optical mirror damage at the facet.
- Vertically integrated laser diode and module manufacturing facility ensures reproducible and consistent laser processes.
- Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MBE) grown laser structure.
- Fully Bellcore GR-486-CORE and GR-1312-CORE compliant.
Important Notes on Operating Laser Diodes:
Electrical Operation: Operating a laser diode above the maximum ratings shown on the data sheet even for very short periods of time can damage the laser diode or reduce its lifetime. They should be electrically biased with a "laser diode driver" class current supply with low electrical noise and protection against voltage and current surges. Laser diodes are very sensitive to electrostatic discharge (ESD). Proper ESD precautions must be taken.
Mounting and Temperature Control: In order to maintain the lifetime of a laser diode, proper heat management is essential. Due to the design of the laser diode, heat is typically dissipated only through the base plate of the diode‘s package. A proper heat conducting interconnection between the diodes base plate and the heat sink must be maintained. Some devices require the use of a thermo-electric temperature controller (TEC controller) to remove the heat from the laser and stabilize the temperature.
Why do Scientists & Engineers Choose Laser Lab Source?
Get DIRECT, Fast Tech-Support from the Product Engineer, No Sales Person in the Middle
Get the Lowest Price, Factory Direct, No Mark-Up's, Suppliers Post their Own Price
Get a 30 Day Evaluation Period with No Risk Return on Most Products, Check Availability