Integrated 1,500 mA Laser Diode Controller with 16 Watt TEC/Temperature Controller and Butterfly Mounting Socket
Request Quote sku / item#: RLS/SF8150-ZIF14 ships: 1-2 Weeks
- 1.5 Amp Current Source + 16 Watt TEC Controller + Butterfly Mount
- Designed for Butterfly Packaged Pump Laser Diodes
- Advanced Laser Diode Protection: Soft-Start Current Ramp, Current Limit, Temperature Limit
- Standard Type 1 Pin Configuration (refer to images); Type-2 Pin Configuration Model also Available
- On-Board Potentiometer Control // Analog Signal Control // Digital Control UART, RS232, USB // Integrated full PID Temperature Controller, No Set-Up Required
- Free Control Software with GUI
- Offered by Maiman Electronics, a Laser Lab Source Marketplace Seller
Sold & Supported in North America by: LaserDiodeControl.com, part of the Laser Lab Source Marketplace Group
Price and Delivery Quote
Buy Now / Add to Cart
Technical Questions for this ProductASK AN ENGINEER
Customers Also Considered:
|CURRENT, VOLTAGE & TEC CONTROLLER|
|Laser Diode Protection|
|DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT|
|SHIPPING KIT (INCLUDED PARTS)|
Precision Laser Diode Controller and Butterfly Mount Module
These 1500mА low noise laser diode controllers with butterfly ZIF mounting sockets are designed to power and control the temperature of butterfly packaged devices. They are optimized for precision control of 980nm pump laser diodes from manufacturer's such as 3SP Technologies, Lumentum and II-VI. They come with a pre-wired mounting socket for butterfly packaged devices and also include a zero insertion force socket with clamping arms. These controllers are an excellent choice for product integration or as an affordable solution for laboratory test set-ups. These modules are also available with no Azimuth connector in a lower cost direct solder version.
Multiple Integrated Laser Diode Protection Features
These controllers are designed with multiple layers of built-in protection to ensure the safety of your laser diode. The unit ships with a jumper clip that shunts the laser diode bias current path of the driver to protect the laser from any ESD or static discharge when the user is installing the diode into the mounting socket. This shunt also protects the laser when the user is connecting the DC power, the control connectors or any other external equipment. Primary protection features include:
- An integrated reverse diode protects the laser diode from any possibility of damage from reverse current and/or reverse voltage.
- The user can set a current limit and temperature limit through the analog or digital control connector port, or through the on-board trim potentiometers.
- There is 500 millisecond soft-start ramp to the current set point to avoid the potential for thermal shock to the laser.
Small Footprint Controller
These modules are the smallest footprint controller which is commercially available. Careful selection of components and and exacting design criteria allows the modules to provide complete control of your pump laser in a 61mm x 101mm package. They have a 10mm thick aluminum base plate which provides excellent heat dissipation and keeps the laser diode safely operating within your desired operating temperature range. The module base plate comes with 4 mounting through-holes, 3.2mm each, to bolt the module directly to an instrument chassis or any thermally conductive surface.
View SF8xxx Series Model with solder pads.
Why do Scientists & Engineers Choose Laser Lab Source?
Get DIRECT, Fast Tech-Support from the Product Engineer, No Sales Person in the Middle
Get the Lowest Price, Factory Direct, No Mark-Up's, Suppliers Post their Own Price
Get a 30 Day Evaluation Period with No Risk Return on Most Products, Check Availability