488nm, 200mW, Fiber-Coupled Turn-Key Laser Diode Source & Control Module
- Single-Mode Fiber-Coupled Output
- Integrated Nichia NDS4216 Laser Diode
$11595.00 sku / item#: RLS/LDX-488NM-200MW-KVAFC ships: Request a Quote for Current Ship Date
- Pre-Configured 488nm Source Module with Integrated Nichia NDS4216 Laser Diode
- Fiber-Coupled Module; Inquire for Single-Mode Fiber and Connector Options
- User Adjustable Output Power 0 ~ 200 mW *
- Factory Set Current & Temperature Max. Limits Always Keeps Laser Diode in Safe Operating Range
- Offered by KVANT Scientific Lasers, a Laser Lab Source Marketplace Seller
Sold & Supported in North America by: LaserDiodeSource.com, part of the Laser Lab Source Marketplace Group
Price and Delivery Quote
Buy Now / Add to Cart
Technical Questions for this ProductASK AN ENGINEER
Customers Also Considered:
|OPTICAL output Specifications|
|Fiber Patch Cable Output|
|Packaging & Power Supply Details|
488nm, High Stability Fiber-Coupled Laser Diode Source with Integrated Nichia Laser Overview
These 488nm Scientific Series fiber-coupled laser diode modules deliver high stability output in laboratory and research environments. They are a plug and play source and control solution which include a Nichia NDS4216 single mode laser diode mounted into a thermally stabilized head, with a fiber-coupled output. Inquire for the single-mode fiber and connector options available.
These 488nm laser diode sources offer excellent beam quality and low noise performance to produce a high signal to noise ratio for the most demanding R&D applications.
Adjustable Output Power
These units are shipped calibrated & fully tested with the current source and temperature controller, and the required interface cables. The controller unit allows the user to set the output power of the laser module, and also features a modulation port for input signals up to 10 kHz.
Factory Set Fail-Safe Laser Diode Protection Features
These units employ multiple layers of protection for the internal Nichia NDS4216 source laser diode. They have an integrated LASORB diode on the current supply board, offering a fail-safe power surge clamp to protect the integrated laser diode. They also come with pre-set current and temperature limits. The laser diode drive current range is pre-set to prevent the possibility of over-driving the laser source and the unit has an over-temperature shut down feature based on feedback from a sensor located against the laser package header.
Optional Benchtop Controller
The Benchtop Controller, Model LDC-405, is available for applications where intuitive front-panel control of the laser module is beneficial to the application. The benchtop controller provides easy adjustment of the output power, and the wavelength can be fine-tuned using the temperature controller.
* POWER LOSS ASSOCIATED WITH FIBER-COUPLED OUTPUT: Please note that when a free-space laser diode is coupled to fiber there is some loss associated with the collimating lens employed in the coupling of the light. There is also power loss associated with the fiber coupler assembly and with the fiber patch cable. The LDX laser system has ex-fiber power output approximately 15 to 20% lower than the total free-space output power.
Why do Scientists & Engineers Choose Laser Lab Source?
Get DIRECT, Fast Tech-Support from the Product Engineer, No Sales Person in the Middle
Get the Lowest Price, Factory Direct, No Mark-Up's, Suppliers Post their Own Price
Get a 30 Day Evaluation Period with No Risk Return on Most Products, Check Availability